To provide a better user-experience, eBECAS stores the values for some elements from Canvas that do not change frequently. Although, the values for these elements are refreshed regularly, you have the option to refresh this data at anytime.
In this article, you will learn how to explore the values for these elements in eBECAS and how to refresh (synchronise) them with the current data from Canvas.
eBECAS refreshes the Canvas elements automatically on a regular basis but you can trigger a manual refresh if you need to.
Canvas Elements Overview
The Canvas elements that eBECAS stores are:
eBECAS will only display, in the relevant views and context, the values for these elements that are currently stored in eBECAS. If there are values missing in eBECAS but they exist in Canvas, you can always trigger an update from eBECAS (see sections below) to refresh the data.
Explore Values for Canvas Elements
To explore the current values that eBECAS has stored for the Canvas elements:
- From the navigation menu, go to Utilities>Canvas >Canvas Elements. If you cannot see these options, ask your administrator to elevate your permissions in eBECAS.
- Use the ‘Canvas Element’ filter to choose the element that you want to explore the values for.
- Click on ‘Search‘ from the Options Panel.
- If you are looking for a value that exists in Canvas for that element but that does not display in eBECAS, you can refresh the data for that element (see section below).
Refresh Values for Canvas Elements
You can refresh the values for the Canvas elements that are stored in eBECAS. This is convenient when you need to sync the data for these elements to perform other tasks that need the latest data from Canvas.
- From the navigation menu, go to Utilities>Canvas >Canvas Elements. If you cannot see these options, contact your administrator to elevate your permissions in eBECAS.
- From the ‘Sync Options‘ panel, click on the element that you want to refresh. This action will refresh the data for the selected element that eBECAS has stored with the data that exists in Canvas.